Wednesday, August 30, 2017

August 21, 2017

This week was a lot better but still pretty hard.. I didn't even get to play soccer with them ha apparently we can only play soccer on pdays and even then we don't play. ugh. But that's totally ok.  
 It has been great this past week. The first two days after pday, I did splits with my other roommate one day and then the next day with one of the APs who has only a couple of weeks left. Both days went great. Elder Coutinho, my roommate, and i ate acai so much that day. it is so good and the ice cream here is heaven. Then the day with Elder Bellum, the AP was amazing. I started off the day by giving him a blessing in Portuguese. I didn't even know him and I am sure I messed up on some words but it was incredible. Then the rest of the day I was able to talk a lot in portugues and teach so many people!! It was just an incredible day. 
Earlier that day i really got humbled though, I had started off the day by complaining about the language and other things, like carrying a couple of bags up huge hills, then a thought popped into my head that said, you have to carry some bags up some hills, the Savior had to carry a cross to his own death. It was really humbling and  I learned this week that I should try and not complain at all.  I watched Ephraims rescue in my apartment with my companion and roommates and it taught me not to complain too ha. But it was a good experience to grow closer to my Savior and feel how he felt in some ways. 
 Sunday was probably my favorite day. because church went great and I understood a lot and was able to talk to some people. Then afterwards Elder Dedeco and I got a call and we went to the hospital and gave 7 people blessngs of healings and I did the first part for all seven of them. It was so spiritual.  A lady started to record us during one blessing which was weird. After those blessings we found two new families who seem really interested in the gospel. I am so excited to teach them more. One family is named the gustava family and they made me happy because they seemed so interested. I know the gospel blesses familias and blesses so many lives, I am grateful for the opportunity to be on a mission. Even if right now I can't speak the language fluently, I know the lord will bless me through the gift of tongues. love you all and I am so very grateful for you and everything you do for me. I hope this next week goes wonderful. we have 3 baptisms this week, I am excited and I



hope they go through. love you all!!!! here are some pictures of me and food and belo horizonte. 

No comments:

Post a Comment