Monday, August 14, 2017

August 14, 2017

ts been a crazy couple of weeks for me ha. But anyways my new companions name is Elder Dedeco. he is a Brazilian from Porto Alegre and he is super awesome, but it's so hard to understand him and everyone in Belo Horizonte. I am really having a hard time with the language. It is terrible because you can't understand anyone and all you want to do is talk to people about the gospel. I cried like three times, I felt like a wimp but it was a good experience to feel somewhat what the Savior felt. I am trying to have a strong faith in the gift of tongues and it is working. I am grateful for the opportunity to be on a mission and I will help people even if I cant speak the language. But I know it will come.

I absolutely love Belo Horizonte though. It is a lot better than Sao Paulo. the people here are so great. We eat at a members house every day for lunch and it is so hard, haha they don't show mercy when eating because they will make you eat everything. The food is so good though. It is awesome to just try and talk and eat their food ha. They truly prepare the very best for us.

We have a lot of investigators and we get new ones every day. I am also having a hard time with that because I am used to planning for lessons but elder dedeco just goes right in, no planning at all besides where we are going to go and who we are going to see. But that's ok ha. Its been really cool to talk to some Brazilians about soccer. They all love soccer and they play in the streets and on dirt fields here all the time. I love it. I am excited because we are playing with investigators this Friday. It should be awesome. T
This week we did so much walking. People warned me but i had no idea that Belo Horizonte was the city of hills and mountains. Every where you walk is a hill that is crazy. It is worse than u hill or yellow hill back home. Its so tiring but it helps me ha.

Our apartment is like a scary murder apartment from a movie. there are so many spiders and so many ants everywhere. You cant leave out any food because ants will take over. It reminded me of the story of jessa and the cake with ants. I accidentally ate a bowl of cereal with small ants in it and didn't notice till I finished haha. It was funny. My roommates along with elder dedeco are super nice and super helpful. They are also super hilarious. they want to play me in chess all the time. The houses in belo horizonte are super crazy but super cool tambem. It makes me sad to see how poor people are here but how willing they are to do things for people. 
We met a boy named jobson who was very sad., we are super excited to teach him and play soccer with him. But this week I got called a devil by a drunk man and we taught inside a house that had drawings on the wall of weed smoking and killing things. It was scary, but they were very nice people. We want to teach them again. We have a couple of baptisms in the next two weeks so that is awesome. but other than that everything is awesome, hard but awesome. I am excited for more to come. I just need to trust in the Lord and feed his sheep.

The gospel is definitely true I testify that. a woman was trying to tell us we were wrong but i just kept thinking, no this is the true church and the book of mormon is the word of god!!! Love you all! I am happy to hear about the family and everyone doing so well. I hope chris gets better and I will keep you all in my prayers. If you have any comforting things you can tell me I sure do need them ha.  I am serving in belo horizonte oeste part.
 Thats sad to hear about coach Nerdin. Tell him I love him and he was the best coach anyone could ever have. also let coach calder know he will kill it too. Miss and Love YOU!!!!

Elder Bestenlehner
ps i dont care about the ring either is fine ha, and what time do we pray together on sundays? i think we are 3 hours ahead.

The pictures are of Elder Bestenlehner, Elder Dedeco, Elder Searle (he trained Elder Dedeco and was just released) and the Searle Family having lunch with them. Sister Searle sent me (mom) pictures.


Lunch with the Searle Family. They were in Brazil picking up their son.
Elder Bestenlehner, Elder Dedeco, Elder Searle (Elder Dedeco's trainer who was just released)

No comments:

Post a Comment