Monday, June 10, 2019

June 10, 2019






This week was definitely a great week in the fact that we had some really great activities and on Sunday we were able to teach Gabriel and Guillerme!!! And that is crazy that next week Aunt Michelle is moving to Austria.. It will be weird to not see them for a while. But I know that we will be able to use technology and talk to them. So yes I did go to my doctors appointment and on tuesday I am going to have to do a procedure to fix the part of my toe that is swollen and has something wrong with it. So wish me luck!! And I dont think I will have to rest for this procedure so it wont be anything too big. But Dont worry about me. These toes cant stop me from doing the Lords work! 

And Yes Jardim Canadá is super cold hahaha. But its cold for me because I am used to hot weather! I have been in hot weather for almost 2 years and so when the cold here hit me I got a cold... But thats ok I am taking medicine. We try to keep as warm as possible because usually it is just super cold in the morning and at night. But this week we were able to participate in two activities and it was so great!! Thursday night we had an activity that was called Dessert Night. Lots of people brought desserts and we had a contest to see what was the best looking, the best tasting, and the most creative desserts! We made cheesecake, and I made some snickerdoodles! The cheesecake won the best tasting and the most creative. It was super funny because the Brazilians loved it!! But actually it didnt taste that much like a cheesecake.. hahaha but thats ok. The members loved the activity and Ricardo and his two sons came too!! It was such a great night. Then we had another activity on Saturday that the relief society did. It was a class to make Bread!! Lots of people came and we were able to learn a lot. I shared a message on thursday night about the fruit of the tree of life and Elder Barcelar shared a message in the Bread class. It was a great week to help strengthen the members and the missionaries. On sunday we taught Gabriel and Guillerme about Joseph Smith, Baptism, and the word of wisdom!! They drink coffee because it became natural in the family and so we challenged them to stop and to help their parents stop as well!! They are twins that are ten years old and so they are kind of crazy but really great ha!  On sunday nights we are helping some members start their weekly come follow me study and that is going super well!! We are excited and we want this branch to become a ward!! I am praying every day for my companion and that the Lord will help us in this work as he already is!!

 This week I was able to give a talk in sacrament meeting about the sacrament. I am grateful that through Christ´s Atonement we can be forgiven of our sins every week if we take the sacrament worthily!! I love the gospel and I hope that this week everything will go well!! Pray for Gabriel and Guillerme and pray for their dad Ricardo so that he can talk to his Family and mark their baptism for here in a couple of weeks!! 

 Thank you for everything you shared with me and especially your testimony!! I love hearing others testimonies and it always strenghthens my testimony! . I trust in the Lord and I know that he will be with me until the end. I know that he will provide these miracles here soon and that he is already doing it! Thank you for your prayers and for your faith. I know that what the Lord said will come true.
I know that this his is true church and that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. Jesus Christ guides this church today and I know that if we all endure to the end we will be blessed!! Pray for us so that we might be instruments in Gods hands for the salvation of these two boys and even more

No comments:

Post a Comment