Wednesday, July 12, 2017

July 12 2017

Dear Family and friends
I love you! 
It was cool to hear that Manny and Kobe did so well Sunday. I wish I could have heard them. Tell Coach Kusak  I will look for his friend as soon as I  get out to Belo. 

So this week was crazy and super fun. My Portuguese is getting a lot better and I can say so many things now. I joke with the brazilians every day now. one of my phrases that i love to say is "asas de frangos, eu amo asas de frangos." it literally translates to chicken wings, i love chicken wings! gosh it is so funny and the brazilians love it so much. so funny story, I was talking with a brazilian the other day and he told me I was the best in Portuguese and so I said it back to him but I actually said you are a woman.  The phrase is  voce e molher, and I said voce e mulher. they sound so similar ha. It was funny but embarrassing.

We started to teach three people a day now and it is so exhausting but so good for us. We love teaching and it helps us to gain more love for the people. It is so awesome. Dad, I thought you might like this-my district always loves and hates my humor. hahaha I always make those dumb jokes that I usually make and they laugh and say shut up ha. This week we got a new instructor because our old one quit and so now we have irmao olivereira and he is so awesome and helpful. It is a blessing in my life. 

The other day I was having a bad day so during exercise time I played soccer and juggled a basketball which helped me to relieve stress. It was so fun and then at dinner we sang american songs with elder da silva and elder torres. the big and little guy. it was so fun and so amazing. oh and manny and devin and marcus and zack i sang all of our nonsense karioke to the brazilians and to my district and they loved it. Elder Allen and i are doing great when it comes to loving everyone. 

Sunday was a hard day for me though because i got a migraine and I also caught a nasty cold which i still have. 
It is terrible but i still never skip on any events, even when i look like death.  Sunday was also really spiritual too. Monday was even better though. It was sad but amazing. We had a devotional for the American elders leaving for the field, in a room which was ok but then i went to the Brazilan devotional for elder da Silva was leaving. It was sad but the spirit I felt there was probably the strongest in the whole world. man it was amazing. They have the best spirits about them, you can just tell through everything they do. oh and the other day we went on splits with the Brazilian missionaries and it was so cool. We planned lessons and taught a lesson together and I had no idea what my Brazilian companion was saying most of the time but it was so funny. His name was elder lopes and he is absolutely awesome. I get to go on more splits tomorrow with some more Brazilians. 

There is this new kid who is from london who just got here last week and he has the coolest accent. He is also very intimidating because he is huge. super muscular. I actually showed him how to do a backflip and it was funny and he loved it and was mad he couldn't do one hahaha. I also love to say to the brazilians, mais reias mais problemas. more money more problems. 

I love the weather in Brazil. Right now it is winter and it isn't too hot or too cold. The Brazilian missionaries think it is really cold though.

Gosh I love the gospel and i love everything about the work. This week i heard a quote from Elder Holland that will keep me serving no matter what. and that is,,,,, why would it ever be easy for you, if it was never easy for the Savior..... how powerful is that?! I know Jesus Christ lives and I know that through him all is possible. I Know without a doubt this gospel is true and i love every second of being here in the ctm in brazil. I cant wait till a month when I actually get to send you all pictures. One night the elders from our district had like a meeting and I shared with them my anchors for being out here and my testimony and the spirit was so strong. One of my anchors is Shadrach Meshack and Abednigo. They knew that god would help them but even if he didn't help them, they would still have faith in Him and not worship other gods or other things. I will always have faith in this gospel, in the church, in Heavenly Father, in Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost. I love All of you!!!! 

Also I heard that in Belo Horizonte they play soccer the most :) heck yah!!! ps the streets out here are so dirty but they have the coolest sketchiest little shops in the world, I buy snacks for the week and cookies and stuff hahaha. There is this one store that is a hole in the wall and leads you downstairs into a dark place and its so funny to go in but really weird.

I want you all to know that the gift of tongues is real!  It feels like such a miracle., just have faith. because faith is all we need. the gift of tongues is also not a one time thing. its a journey of heartbreak, hard work, and miracles.

. I love you so much and i promise I am doing great out here. I love every second of it and I will never give up no matter what. Tell all of the family that I love all of them and I pray for you all every day because you all have changed my life so much. Mom thank you for all that you do and for everything. I love you so much.  Tell dad i love him more than anything too and i use his example every day here. tell him that he is and always wiil be one of my heroes. I love you all so much including Chris too ha. Tell him I miss him. I miss you all but i love the work ;) 

Love,
Elder Bestenlehner

No comments:

Post a Comment