Wednesday, July 26, 2017

July 19, 2017

Dear Friends and Family.

This week was an awesome crazy spiritual week though.  Saturday was filled with jam packed adventure. We went proselyting in downtown Sao Paulo and it was so awesome but so hard. No one wanted to talk to elder Allen and I,there were some people still did. The gift of tongues is real though and helped us so much as we talked to people. We were not having very much luck and we decided to say a prayer in the middle of everyone in English.  We still didn't have much luck but then we got the impression to walk a certain way, so we did and I saw a lady taking a photo and the spirit testified to me that this was the lady that needed to hear our message.  We talked to her for twenty minutes and she wanted to know more so we had to give her a paper to write her number down so other missionaries could teach her better than us ha. Then we stopped and talked to these girls about the same age as us and they only took our paper because we were american and they thought we were cute. They were totally trying to flirt with Elder Allen and I and it was so funny.  The day was really tiring but an amazing experience. 

This week we had more spilts with the Brazilians inside the ctm and I am in a trio now. It is crazy hahaha, I am with two Brazilians who are hilarious, Elder dos Santos and Elder Soares. For our frist lesson they had me teach the entire restoration without notes while they taught the entire plan of salvation in one lesson!! It was so crazy but the gift of tongues is real because I did it and now I can just talk in Portuguese so much better. It is such a blessing and I can't wait to learn more. 

Oh and by the way, Elder Allen and I are the zone leaders for our branch! We look over so many missionaries. Sunday we had some amazing cake to eat and I had like 6 pieces and the Brazilians called me fat hahaha. Then that night we had a devotional which was awesome. It said that we needed to fight for the gospel and we are in battle for the Lord. It was really inspiring.  That night Elder Allen cut my hair.... it was so funny but he did a good job. I was so nervous the whole time though. All of the brazilians were making fun of me. 
There are so many Americans now that it is really hard to speak Portuguese. I would rather have Brazilians then Americans. Monday was probably one of the best days here in the ctm. I balled up some guys in basketball which was awesome and then I took one guy, elder Ankamah he is from London and I played him one on one in basketball and I schooled him. But he played semi pro soccer before he came on a mission and that is way cool to me.  Our instructor irmao oliveira is so funny. Another instructor was making faces at us and Oliveira ran and pushed me out of the way too see and then the other instructor ran away and Oliveria said "i gotcha bruh" it was so funny because he is a Brazilian and he only knows slang terms. He also says suh dude a lot ha. He also loves soccer and has invited me a couple of times to go play with him as a joke because i can't actually go play. 

We also have trc where we teach a member and it is recorded. I make faces at the camera and then we go watch it and it is so funny. After that it got kind of hard. I was having a hard time understanding portuguese and I really needed help.  Elder Goodell asked me for a blessing because he was sick.  I said yes and as soon as I started to bless him I started crying and told him that his Heavanly Father loves him and knows about the hard decision it was to come on a mission. I felt the spirit and told him immediately to be healed and after that he wasn't sick anymore. The power of the Priesthood is real. It is so important that men stay worthy to hold it and I am so grateful that I was worthy to hold the Priesthood.

I love this gospel and I know it is true. I will always have faith in my Savior and in this church. I promise you that it is true and if you read the Book of Mormon you will know for yourself. I love you all and hope all of you are doing so well with everything. please feel free to email me personally if you want. A IGREJA E VERDADEIRO. I love you all!!!! 

ps we are becoming best friends with the other zone leaders, Elder Southwick and Elder Dix. They are awesome and elder Southwick might go to byu just like me when he gets home. oh and elder Cody Leifson who plays basketball for byu is here but just left. he has such a powerful testimony. 

Anyway I love you mom and tell dad he inspires me everyday. I tell so many people about him and share everything about him too. I love this gospel and I love you guys and I am so grateful you are my family.  love you mom. Thank you for the birthday wish!!!! tell the family i love them so much and don't ever give up on the savior or the gospel. Chris I miss you bro! I love you so much, you are always in my prayers. Stay strong!!

Love, 
Elder Bestenlehner

No comments:

Post a Comment