Sunday, March 18, 2018

March 12, 2018

This week the only thing i was able to do was have surgery and stay at home haha. It was so terrible because i had to stay home alone! Elder Erazo came to pirapora to work with my companion and every day i stayed in home studying and resting my toe. So in the surgery it was super crazy. He told me that the only thing he could do is pull out the nail on the big toe. He said the other toes he couldnt do anything but the big toe that was the worst he pulled out the entire nail! It was super weird and i wanted to watch him do it but Elder Alves wouldnt let me... But I learned a lot about myself this week and how i really want to just work and help others. But the only thing i could do this week was stay at home and work on some papers that we use during the day. It was super hard. I felt alone and i had a hard time seeing my purpose as a missionary, because i felt like staying at home i didnt have one! But i was able to strengthen myself spiritually and i was able to have some pretty cool experiences. While my companions were doing great in the field, I was able to talk with my Heavenly Father more than i ever have! I was able to put my trust in him that eventually I will see the blessings of my work and my efforts. I learned a lot that I just need to be happy in all moments or the mission will be miserable. Sometimes being obedient can appear like the hardest thing and that you arent feeling very blessed because of it. But obedience is what brings blessings after the mission. Baptisms and good numbers are blessings of our hard work in the field. I was able to see the hand of the lord in our work here, and in my life. Because I learned that it is really hard to stay at home resting, but its when we can put our faith in god more than ever. We can show him that even in the darkest and hardest of times, we are willing to follow him and do what is right. I love the gospel, because it brings so much peace. It will always be hard, but he will be able to carry us through the hard times. One cool thing that happened was that Elder Alves found lots of people to teach, he found woodson and davidson! They are awesome and sound super cool. Emerson and Betania are doing good, they traveled and so we couldnt visit them, and i had to stay home ha. Then on sunday one of our investigators decided out of the blue that she wanted to be baptized and wanted to change her life for the better! Her name is Carine and she has come a long way. We are going to teach her a lot this week so keep her in your prayers. She wants to be baptized this saturday!! It is so cool! I love the gospel!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment