Tuesday, November 13, 2018

November 12, 2018







This week was good because we were able to teach Samara, Nilda, and Tatiane and it was such a powerful lesson. We had a single adult with us in the lesson who also bore testimony of his experience in the church and it was such a spiritual lesson. We taught about the plan of salvation and how amazing it is to have Jesus Christ in our lives. I mean just thinking about the Atonement makes me want to scream with joy. Because if not we could not be saved. Samara reminds me of Halli so much because in almost all of the three lessons, actually all of them, haha she has cried. It was so amazing to see her love for the savior of the world. I love Jesus Christ and it makes me happy that I can testify of him every day. They are reading the Book of Mormon and they really want to know the truth! They are progressing a lot and we are hoping to prepare them even more so that they can be baptized. They are all waiting for answers and I know that God will speak to them and has already spoken to them for sure!

 We also found some new people to teach and it was cool because they look like they have potential. Ciran and Celma is a married couple we found this week and we found a girl who has two kids and her husband is in jail so we taught her a little bit about trusting in God. It was a great week! I went on splits again with Elder Jones hahaha that guy is super funny, but it was hard those two days because for two days straight it just poored rain! So we had to walk in the rain all wet and tired ha. But it was awesome because we still were able to find people to teach and share our testimonies of the restored gospel!!!

Dave's email

 I love the gospel so much. I love the Plan of salvation as well!! This week we were able to teach Samara and her family about the plan of salvation. They definitely loved the lesson because the mom became even more excited to read the Book of Mormon and Samara started to cry during the atonement. It was such a great experience. I think members have an important role in our lessons because their testimonies are what help others have the desire to know the truth! We have challenged them to be baptized so many times and they have accepted the fact of being baptized. But they said that they want to feel really prepared to be baptized and so we are hoping they ask god if they should be baptized on november 24th, that was the date we wanted to place with them. It was cool because Samaras sister asked me about being baptized again, if it really was necessary. Her name is tatiane and I thought about Acts 19 in the moment when she asked me! I explained to her that some of the people needed to be baptized again because they had not received the Gift of the Holy Ghost and she told me that her real desire is to know if she should be baptized once again! I love the priesthood and I know that a man needs the authority to act in Gods name. It wouldnt make sense for God to create a mess here on the earth. We didnt get to teach Arthur and Vitoria this week but Arthur came to church and so did Samara! Her mom got sick and her sister was still taking the test... but this next week will be even better! Also pray for a man who came to church, his name is raimundo. He wants to create his own church so we are trying to help him know the truth. But Dad I have passed through so many hard things on the mission and I have seen so much. And there is no doubt in my mind that I can not deny the truths that I know. That Jesus Christ lives and loves us, and that his church was restored once again upon the earth. That the book of mormon is true and that Heavenly father talks to his prophets. Love you so much dad! Have a great week!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment