Tuesday, November 6, 2018

November 5th, 2018










 I am doing great actually!! My feet are doing ok and they arent hurting that much! But Sister Castellano said that if they dont get better then i will have to do that surgery on november 26th! Who knows but i was actually thinking a lot about my toes this week and when i heard a testimony on sunday, it made me think so much more about my toes. Something that i had already thought,but now it came clearer than ever! I will definitely try to look for a nativity, i remember last year not seeing one, but then again i was in Pirapora haha. But yesterday we got the transfer calls and we are going to stay the same! But actually both of the elderes in Gutierrez got transfered and now we are going to get two elders who are finishing their missions and have had some problems! But it should be good and we are excited to receive them tomorrow!!!


I loved what you said about the song you wrote and I loved the lyrics! It reminds me of how so many people have trusted in the Lord and he has provided for them because of their sacrifices! I love the story of Alma and Amulek. They truly were great missionaries and did everything they could. When a lady in sacrament was baring testimony about her car acident, it made me think a lot more about the trials that we have and the things we pass through... For example, in her car accident she was shocked and panicked and the doctor told her "Hey I dont know what you beleive in and i know you are not supposed to be here, but dont worry because I will take care of you." She said that imediately she felt Gods love more than anything and she knew that in that moment, it was Christ that was taking care of her. Sometimes we blame God for the bad things that happen in our lives, but we really should be thanking him. Why? Because these experiences are what bring us closer to him and how he felt in his life. Every time I have had to feel pain because of my toes, I have tried to think about the Saviors sacrifice and how he would have felt. And every time I feel the saviors love for me. So I was thinking about the surgery and I thought... what if the lord is wanting me to get closer to him and feel his love, maybe thats one of the reasons why we have these trials. Even Joseph Smith asked God why we has going through those things, but in that moment was when He became closer to God, and knew even more that God would provide a way. How amazing is that?! I love how putting a different aspect on things can help us out so much in our lives. I learned that today when all of us were arguing about something and it was so simple that I was blinded by my pride and they were blinded too. But when the savior came in and the spirit, thats when the point of view changed and we were able to resolve the problem. I think it is one of the best things we can learn in life. How to think a different way, the way that the savior of the world would think. This week was hard because of the test taking they have here and everyone was busy but this week should be easier for us to find new people and teach more! We found a couple of new investigators that have potential and thank you for praying for Samara and her family and for Arthur and Vitoria!


David's email


This week was kind of hard because it has been super busy here in Brasil... Lots of people had to take a giant test this week so that stopped us from seeing our investigators. But that doesnt mean that this week will be the same!! It was cool because Samara still came to church even if her other siblings couldnt. She came alone and it was super cool to see that. And We are doing good! We are a little worried about this next transfer but we are also excited too!! We know that the lord will bless our work!! But other than that we spent this week resolving problems, going on divisions, and finally finding new people to teach! We found a couple of new people to teach and we hope we can visit them again and share these wonderful messages! we are still teaching our investigators its just that this week was harder for us. But we will definitely do better this next week but we definitely tried our best!!


That is one of the coolest experiences i have ever heard (Dave told him an experience he had giving a blessing). It must have been one of the greatest feelings ever. That is one of my strongest desires, is to have the savior of the world by my side and I can feel his presence. What can i do to feel his presence like that? I want to do everything right so I can have an amazing experience like that. I love Jesus Christ so much and I just want to feel his spirit and know him even more. I have been trying so hard to change who I am and to be better, so that I can feel his presence in my life. Stronger than ever is what I want to say. But I would have loved that and I know it must have been such a great experience. I think I would start crying so much ha. But I am grateful for you dad. You are truly the best example I have in my life besides the Savior. I know that this gospel is true because you taught me and I asked Heavenly Father for myself. I love you so much! I love the priesthood and I know it was restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith. I am excited to magnify my priesthood and learn how I can do that. I know that the lord will help us bring souls unto Jesus Christ and I know that he is always with me when I have to suffer the small things I have in my life. Through my toes, i can become closer to him! I can grow closer to him and through him I am made strong! Love you so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment