Monday, September 25, 2017

Sept 18

This week was super good! I loved every part of this week. It was funny because everyone was worrying about transfers this week, my companion thought he was being transferred for sure, he even packed all of his things yesterday, but he isnt being transfered because he needs to finish training with me ha. But this week was a great opportunity for me to learn and grow and one day I got the opportunity to be the senior companion when we did splits in our district. It went reallly well. Our investigators are doing great, we have three right now that are really close to baptism. Jorgina is praying about it right now and it is hard to teach her sometimes because she doesnt know how to read, which is sad but she comes to church every week. Our other investigator is hard to teach too because he has a lot of doubts, he is catholic! But he said he is going to pray about everything too. Geralda is doing great, she is on vacation this week so we have not seen her very much. I challenged i think 4 people to be baptized this week and to pray about baptism. It was cool and I love teaching lessons!! I love it here in Gutierrez, the members are so amazing and the people are super amazing too. My portugues is getting better but it is very slow and it is helping me to learn more about patience!! One funny thing that happened this week was when I was the senior companion for one day and i was with elder tenorio, we were talking to this man and he was very nice but really old ha, and elder tenorio started to use some hand sanitizer and he asked the old man if he wanted some, so the old man took and it and wiped it across his forehead and said "I am cured" in portugues, he thought we were blessing him, it was strange but he was happy haha. Not much happened this week but it was a really great week! I have more hope and faith for the future and I am excited for what is to come! oh and another cool story was that this week we got a reference from some sister missionaries in salt lake city, so we were able to teach a lawyer here in our area, and her name is livia, she was really interested in the book of mormon and she wants to know more! we taught her in this massive building in a nice office ha it was unusual for us but the spirit was so strong!! Well thats all i have for this week, but I am so grateful to be here in brazil and to be helping other people at all times and in all places! I love you mom! I know for a fact that the book of mormon is true, and if we read the book of mormon we will grow closer to god and we will want to stay closer to our savior and redeemer Jesus Christ. I love the gospel!!!! I dont know if i can send pictures this week but I will try ha. 

Elder Bestenlehner

No comments:

Post a Comment