Saturday, September 16, 2017

September 11, 2017

Dear Friends and Family,

This week was really amazing. It was just a good hard working week. We were able to have 17 new investigators, four of them came to sacrament yesterday and we have five with a baptismal date right now but they arent very strong about baptism so we are praying for them.

Its really cool to meet all types of people here in brazil, they all are so nice and dont have any hate or envy. I cant tell you how many times I personally get stopped on the street because someone wants to talk to me about The United States or try and say something in English. It is awesome. Every week I help with this English class in the stake to help people learn english and this week we had the class in a high school, during the hours of the high school ha. A lot of high schoolers came into the class to learn. And after we were supposed to eat doce arroz which is sweet rice, and we went down into the cafeteria and all of the high schoolers were there. It was scary because immediately they all started to stare at me and make faces and a couple of girls raised their eyebrows at me and winked at me. hahah elder coutinho was laughing so hard but I was scared for my life. We had splits that day so that is why I was with Elder Coutinho.

This week was more of a service type week for Elder Dedeco and I. We mainly helped the other areas in our district with numbers and we were able to teach the Restoration so many times. It is truly amazing to share the Restoration and invite to baptize. A lot of people say, oh i have already been baptized and then we get to explain through the spirit that it has to be the correct type of baptism, with authority and the priesthood, and we ask them to pray about it because only God can answer them. I love the Priesthood too, its amazing how the priesthood blesses all lives and we can give blessings to people who are in need of it. I love sharing the messages to the members at lunch too, I always get to share a message about Jesus Christ and I love to testify of him, because he is so amazing and I feel honored to represent him and help people know more about him.

OH and by the way Brazil has the best desserts here, no doubt in my mind, so amazing. I love all of the desserts hahaha. All of the members and non members tell me to eat a lot more. They say, come mais bobo!! its so funny but then it means that I have to eat more!

I am truly grateful to be out here in brazil e eu amo Brazil!!!! I love talking about soccer with them too, it makes them so happy and me happy! Anyways, love you a lot. I hope the family is doing well and I hope everything goes great this week! O evangelho e verdadeiro!! Sorriso sempre!! oh and these pictures are awesome.




I posted a few more September posts today, but you will have to click on the month September on the right and scroll down to see pictures and a fun video.

No comments:

Post a Comment