Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Hard work and obedience

This week was very tiring but super awesome. I learned a very important thing this week. 

Elder Graça is super awesome and he is a super hard worker!! We worked so hard this week and we have 7 people with a date for baptism. But our main investigators are having difficulties with some things that I cant tell but they are trying to do better and I love to see them working hard and preparing for baptism. This week i learned an important lesson about teaching through the spirit. It is important that we are constantly guided by the spirit so we can know what to say and how to say it. I had two experiences this week where I didnt follow the spirit and I said something that didnt sound right or was offensive in some way, and we almost lost two of our investigators. It was supér hard for me especially because I was honestly trying to help them, I just said one little thing wrong. But right now I am learning how to listen to the spirit fully when teaching. It was just two little but big mistakes.. Other than that I listen to the spirit and so say things that the Holy Ghost can testify to them!! But We always need to start with a prayer too, prayer is essential and it brings the spirit in the room more than any other thing. It was a good week to learn new things and to work super hard in this hot weather. One funny story that happened this week was that I was sitting down with Elder Graça between two buildings, and a bunch of little kids ran up to me and said,, Do you speak english!? Speak English for us!! it was so funny and super cute, but then a man in an apartment came out of the window and said oh look its the mormons!! Ha and all of the little kids started to call him Santa Claus..... It was so funny and super strange too. but in portugues it is funnier because Santa is Papai Noel! He looked nothing like santa claus but the little kids were just pestering him haha. But Other than that we are struggling a little bit here in Gutierrez because the work is really hard and super slow, everyone else is baptizing and so it makes it hard for us. Our ward is super weak and needs llots of help. So we are trying to help them and trying to teach at the same time. We are fasting and praying a lot for the ability to do both of those things. But other than that this week was super good. Elder graça likes to work hard and to joke around, but he said that he likes to be super obedient and so do I! I learned a great lesson too about our savior Jesus Christ, We were teaching with Afonso the other day and he was talking with Elder Graça, and afonso told me to pick some song to play for us. And I saw "You raise me up" By Josh Groban I love this song so much, and I started to cry when we listened to it beacuse he truly raises us up to do marvelous things in our lives. He will raise me up to move mountains to walk on stormy seas and to love the people of Brazil. Sei que meu salvador Jesus Cristo vive e que ele nos ama. EU AMO VOCÊS!! Tenha uma boa semana!! 

The package arrived on monday and I basically ate everything in the package already because I miss american candy hahaha. But thank you so much, it helped me a lot!!! And I am trying to find batteries in brazil but I havent found good ones yet ha, but the fans are great, I just need to find batteries for them. Love you! Thank you for everything you do for me and all the prayers!! LOVE YOU SO MUCH! I probably wont send pictures this week.. sorry ha. 

Elder Bestenlehner

No comments:

Post a Comment