Monday, November 20, 2017

Thankfulness and A baptism!

Hey everyone,

It is definitely raining here a lot and guess what..... I have two infections in my toes. It turns out that my ingrown toenails did not heal haha. But I have to be super careful. My week was super good! It was super tiring and super painful because of my toes but it was rewarding in the end! 

This week we really focused on helping others arrive in sacrament meeting because we needed more investigators in sacrament meeting. We taught a lot of lessons and we met a lot of people!! We have two new investigators named maria ludia and angela. They are not progressing a lot because they wont come to church, but we are helping them! I am excited to teach them anyways. We also were able to help the sisters this week in their area and no one accepted us hahaha. It was very hard because we were rejected so many times. After that we taught maristella and natasha, but we found out that maristella and her boyfriend are living together and so we have to set a date for marriage with them, for her to be baptized. But we know that everything will be fine!!

I was able to experience something amazing this week too. Afonso was baptized on saturday and confirmed on sunday!!!!! It was so amazing to see the change and to see how happy he was. What made it even better was that I got to help him and I was the one who baptized him. It was the first time I had ever baptized anyone or helped someone to be baptized. Wow, what an experience. I will never forget the feeling that came from just helping him. I cant imagine how he felt haha. But it was super cool especially in portugues. I am so grateful for Afonso too. Wow he has a powerful testimony already and it was amazing to see the gospel change his life. He is super awesome and I will never lose contact with him! He is definitely like my brother now! It was such a cool week and super rewarding because we worked so hard and just to see him make this powerful step made all the difference! It was super cool. I know that baptism is such essential in our lives and that through the gospel and through our savior Jesus Christ we can do all things!! I love the gospel so much! The power of the atonement is real and the power of the priesthood changes lives.

I love the work and I am excited for more. Yes ofcourse it is super hard when you arent having lots of success but I learned something super powerful this weekend. Alamo, the first counselor to the bishop spoke with us about motivation. He said that we as normal humans look at things or look at the future and tend to say, No i want to stay in my comfortable zone. But he said that true disciples of christ look at the future or look at a challenge and say, Yes it will be hard but i have god on my side. And they continue on. How powerful. Sempre fique firme nas coisas que nosso pai celestial nos deu. Temos ele em nosso lado!! I love you all and hope you all have a great week!!

 I am grateful for you and for our family. For my savior jesus christ and the love he shows me every day. For my Heavenly Father, and all of the gifts and counsels he has given me! I love this gospel and the book of mormon and I am so grateful for everything in my life. I will look towards the future with god on my side. Love you so much!!

Elder Bestenlehner

No comments:

Post a Comment