Monday, February 4, 2019

February 4, 2019







This week was really good! I love my two new companions. They are both good missionaries who have desires to serve. I already knew Elder Barcelar and so that was awesome to be with him again! He came with me to Belo Horizonte when i got here!! 

 This week was hard for us to follow up with Michelle and Fernando.... It was kind of like they were running from us hahaha. But Maybe tonight we will have a family night with them. I hope that they can come! But we challenged Fernando to read the book of mormon and the lesson we had with him was awesome so we hope he is reading it. They didnt come to church this week because of a small problem with work but a mom and her daughter came to church whose names are Ana Claudia and Rondina. Elder Barcelar was the one who taught them on a division so I met them on sunday but they are super nice and seem to have potential!! We also were able to visit once more Nilda and see what was some of the doubts that they had. We were able to challenge them once more to read the Book of Mormon even more and to ask of God. They definitely were not doing that. This week we have some cool appointments marked and I hope that we can teach a lot more. We have our leadership meeting on tuesday so that should help a lot!! But My companions help me to keep going strong and to always be happy. I thought that interesting about Elder Barcelar is that he is always smiling and he loves Lord of the Rings so we have lots in common ha. But I love the lord and i Love this gospel. I know that the gospel is true and I know that through Jesus Christ we can all be clean from our sins and we can all be wonderful people who share the gospel!! 

I love that scripture that you shared and I think it would be perfect to share with investigators. We really do need baptism and its so important. Not just for a remission of our sins but its the way we enter into Gods Kingdom! I love the book of Moses.

Dad, I love the experiences that you share with me each week!! It makes me want to serve others even more and receive personal revelation more and more!! I love the gospel so much and the principle of revelation is so important!! This week was good but it was hard to follow up with Michelle and Fernando. It seems like they dont want to progress too much but we will see this week!! And Elida is reading the book of mormon but once again we could not teach her because her Husband was not home.... But we were able to teach some other people and help others come to church too! This week a mom and her daughter came to church. Ana Claudia and Rondina. They were a bit confused but said that they liked it a lot!! This week we are going to work a lot harder to help others come unto christ and challenge so many more to Baptism!! President gave me a couple of ideas! So I am excited and I am praying for both of my companions. They both have the desire to work hard and to find more people to teach and Baptize. So we are excited! Our zone is doing good too and it seems like everyone is excited to work hard and baptize more people!! I love the gospel so much and I want to have it recorded in my heart so that I can overcome the temptations here and at home. I know that Christ lives and loves us and is willing to help us always. 

This is an excerpt from an email Elder Bestenlehner sent to his grandparents:
I think that is one of the best things that anyone can learn. Is to put off the natural man and be willing to adapt yourself to the Lords will and what he wants for you in your life. I love how all of us can put our trust in him and walk by faith because it helps us learn trust and obedience. During my mission, I have seen so many things happen that I have asked, why did that happen or why must it be this way? But the answer is always the same, because it is what the Lord wants. I love the gospel and as we seek the gospel in our lives, the Lord will help us adapt ourselves to become the person that he wants us to be. I love my savior so much and  I think that if we are obedient and do the lords will he will always bless us with what we need. And I know that he lives and Loves us so much. His church is here on the earth and we have an amazing resposibility to preach that to every single person! 

I love you all! Have a great week  - Elder Bestenlehner

No comments:

Post a Comment