Monday, December 11, 2017

Nov 27, 2017

 I hope your week was super awesome!! My week was super slow but it was really rewarding because I learned a lot of small things this week. The small things are what helps us become greater. My toes are the same haha but they are getting a little bit better too, I still need to ask for a blessing because I always forget. That is so cool that mitch came out there for the weekend. How is he? He doesnt email me much hahaha neither does chris. Halli is the only faithful sister in the family besides you and dad. Thank you for always caring about me and sharing things that I need to hear. It really helps me. 

This week was super good but also really hard. We didnt have much success this week and the greater part of our investigators with a date for baptism fell through and so we dont have many people to teach. But we also found some people to teach and we just decided to be missionaries this week and do our part. We have an investigator whose name is Maria Lurdes and she is progressing a lot! She wants to be baptized but she needs to come to church more. She came to church yesterday and absolutely loved it. She is a bit more older and she tends to forget things often haha. But it was awesome to just teach her about the gospel and make those long walks up the giant hills just to make her day and the days of other people. Maristella is doing good too. She wants us to teach the law of chastity to her and to her boyfriend again so they can make a plan for marriage. We hope that she takes this next step for baptism. We have an appointment with her on Wednesday. Valter, the pastor, is progressing too! He came to church yesterday and he is changing his heart ha he is super cold inside and so it is best to just love him and teach with Charity. We are also teaching the son of rosalia. He has a huge problem with drugs and beer. He is super addicted and we are trying to help him because we want him to have the gospel. He is so addicted that it is to the point where he sells things in home just to get drugs. We decided to fast for him and for our other investigators so that we could see miracles in our work. We had six investigators in sacrament meeting yesterday and it was so amazing to see our ward just packed with people. Elder Graça and I want to have one more baptism before the transfer ends and so we are working hard with our investigators and doing all that we can. And we know that the lord will do the rest. This week I had the opportunity to teach a very old lady who was 90 years old. Actually we were walking in the street and Elder Graça told me to talk to her and her daughter. They were on a balcony and so I started to talk to them and they let us in. She told us that she always loved to receive the missionaries. She began to tell me all about her life while elder graça spoke with her daughter. When she finished, i gave her a book of mormon and she smiled and began to thank me so much for my kindness to her. I realized that night that maybe nothing will come out of that visit and maybe she wont be baptized or be an investigator. But I realized that she needed the missionaries that specific night and she needed our love. I realized that we are truly representatives of our savior jesus christ and we can make lots of visits like that just to make someones day. I also learned that you have to be able to get along with your companion because if you dont, you wont be able to teach and you wont feel the spirit. But everything between me and elder graça is good! He is awesome and I am learning so much from him. I also helped with a baptism that the other elders had and it was amazing to just see how baptism helps people to become clean and to start a new life. I know that this is the right path and that the book of mormon is so important. Without the book of mormon, we would not have the church restored on the earth. I am also really grateful for Joseph Smith who decided to ask our heavenly father one simple question, that turned into the most amazing experience. Leia o livro de mormon, pergunte se ele é verdadeiro. Nosso pai celestial vai responder para você. I LOVE YOU ALL! 

No comments:

Post a Comment