Monday, February 19, 2018

February 19, 2018

Hey, how are you? I love each and every one of you and I am so glad that you are all doing well!  That is so cool about Mike Jones, He is awesome. Now it is just a couple of more people that I hope decide to serve a mission. My toes are a little bit worse but thats ok haha, they are just dying because i walk so much every day. I will send a picture. I am glad that Spencer is getting back out in the field, it helps a lot. I love the mission, even if I have lots of trials and pains haha. But it is crazy to think that Jessa will have another baby so soon, That is an awesome name, I love Braelyn so much and I am glad she still remembers me haha. 

This week was a good week but was super hard too! A lot of our investigators said they would come to church but they didnt. Our Branch President, is really good and wants to do whats right but he doesnt know how the system works. There are also only 4 Melchizedek priesthood holders. But I know that everything will turn out fine.  Nilsa basically wont respond to us and so we arent visiting her. Emerson and Betania are still working on marriage and getting their papers in.  Jessica also doesnt want to see us anymore ha. But thats ok! we found some people to teach this week and so we are hoping to have a better week here in Pirapora. I learned a lot about the trials we have on the mission and how sometimes we aren't cured physically but we can be cured eternally. It was awesome to read about that in Elder Hallstroms talk. But this week was just a good week to testify about the book of mormon and help others to see the love that our heavenly father has for us. A lot of people here don't want to accept us because they think our church is a sect, it is really annoying because they think they know everything about our church, but its all wrong! haha we always want to talk with them more and more and they still deny us. This week I gave a talk on sunday about Agency and how we can choose to follow Jesus Christ and how the Plan of Salvation really is a plan of happiness. It was cool to testify how I am staying on the mission because of my love for the Savior and everything he has done for me! But other than that, we need to find more people to teach and more people who can progress. But I know that the Lord will help us! It is hard too when you have toes that are basically just the worst, but i am trying to fix them with Gilmara! But I know that this church is true! The prophet Isaiah taught us that there would be so many signs that the gospel would be restored and it has been! I know Joseph Smith was a prophet! Read the Book of Mormon every day! It will change your life!!! 

I will probably have to use some money this week to buy sunglasses.... My eyes are burning so much here in the hot sun. I love you so much! I love to hear from you and i Love all of your prayers... I know that my toes will get better, I have faith. And if I have to lose some of them, that will be ok because i will be losing them for a good cause!  I am willing to do anything for the lord!! Love, Elder Bestenlehner


No comments:

Post a Comment