Monday, April 2, 2018

April 2, 2018 CONFERENCE!

Hello!    I am doing great! This week was hard with the work because of the Holiday but my mind was completely focused on General Conference haha.
  Wow was General conference amazing. I woke up on Saturday so excited! I couldnt express my feelings for Elder Alves when i talked about General Conference. We wanted to scream to all the world that today we sustain a prophet of the lord. All of the Brasilians were so excited when Elder Soares was called. Elder Alves just looked at me with the biggest smile on his face. It was awesome to see!! And he really is an apostle of the lord.
I had an awesome experience about President Nelson. When the part came for everyone to sustain him as Prophet and where everyone stood up, I just started to cry and the spirit was so strong. The spirit testified to my heart in a way that i cant describe that he truly is a prophet called of god and that this is the beginning of a new era. It was so amazing!! I love feeling that spirit and i felt it so many other times during conference. I loved his talk about Personal revelation. It was so cool to hear about how we can all receive personal revelation and how we need it in our lives. I love the spirit that he brings and that all the other general authorities bring too!
I also loved a quote that said "When we feel the forgiveness that comes from repentence of our sins, we will want to share that feeling with everyone and we will want to sacrifice our lives for the lives of others" Wow how powerful! It was so amazing to feel the love that our Heavenly Father has for us and I cant begin to describe how I felt this weeked.
General Conference is easily one of my favorite things about the year. I didnt always feel this way about General Conference, but that was because i didnt understand or comprehend the love that you can feel and the things that you can truly learn. The changes in the church i know too that they are inspired and it will help this work move on and grow faster! I love this gospel and you could just feel that the gospel was truly restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith and that we have a prophet today that lives and loves us and guides our church. And that Jesus Christ is the head of our church and he is always watching after us!
Our investigators need more time to do a couple of things... we are thinking that Emerson and Betania will take about another month. And Renato told us that he doesnt feel ready for this saturday.... so we are trying to help him more and find others here in Pirapora to teach and share the restored gospel!
I wanted to ask for my birthday too some socks that are more thin and easy to wear here in Brasil, i need another pair of pants (the underarmour kind) because that guy stole a pair hahaha. And also i just wanted to ask for candy from the United States because i miss it haha. But i dont want to ask for too many things. I am just grateful for what I have! Also Gilmara told me that she sent a message to my facebook to talk with you. But I love you so much!! Thank you for everything you do for me and dont worry, I am doing great! I am just so happy to be here serving the lord and sharing this wonderful gospel. This life is truly a life to prepare and be happy! Even if the work hasnt progressed much and its hard, I LOVE IT. Love you so much! Have a great week! I might have to send pictures nexxt week ha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment