Tuesday, October 30, 2018

October 29, 2018




This week was super great!! We had the same exact people at sacrament meeting as the last week! It was such a cool thing too see and Tatiane, Nilda,and samara are all progressing a lot and when i was on divisions in another area with Elder Holt, from Spanish fork, Elder Cerda was able to challenge them to be baptized and they accepted. So I have faith that they can all be prepared to be baptized! We didnt see Arthur and Vitoria until sunday but they came to church and they loved it! We are hoping to teach them this week! I was actually able to go back to Nacional and work there for a day! It was interesting. I was able to stay with Elder Gray, elder franças companion ha! But i visited some old investigators who were willing to accept us again and it definitely helped out their teaching record! Also I was able to discover some things that were going on between the members and missionaries and we fixed that too!! I had a spiritual experience actually thinking about you this week mom! Elder Cerda shared a message with one of the recent converts about the stripling warriors and how they always respected their moms. Then he started to ask everyone in the room about their moms and how they felt. Luckily i being one of the missionaries, he did not ask me because i was on the edge of crying a lot haha. Because i thought about how i was blessed so much to have a mom that loves me and has always done everything she could to help me stay on the covenant path. I did not doubt for my mother she knew it!!! I love you mom and I am grateful that in the gospel we have our moms to help us along and help us to be obedient just like the savior!! I Love the gospel so much and this week i was studying in Jacob and I love the scripture that says "Be wise! What can i say more?" If we really think about that scripture, we can understand that our agency is given to us so that we can be wise and choose what is the right thing to do! I am excited to obey the lord in everything and work as hard as i can! One of the members of the stake presidency here said that on his mission he was so excited that he would go to door to door and when they would say "Who is it?!" he would say, "We are the soldiers who fight evil!!" And that person would come running down haha. It was super funny but it made me realize that we are the ones who are fighting the evil, so let us continue for the lord is on our side! 

Dave's email

Hey dad!!! I love you so much and this week was great and we worked super hard! Only that at the end of the week was when we saw our work pay off!! It was great because we had the same people who came to sacrament last week come this week!! Tatiane, Samara, and Nilda all came to church and they are learning so much!! It was actually super cool because I went on divisions in Gutierrez this last saturday and Elder Cerda went to go and teach those three girls with another elder and one of the return missionaries, in that lesson he challenged them to prepare to be baptized and they accepted a date to be baptized in November!! It was so cool and i was so happy to see them coming to church and see them progressing. Also Arthur and Vitoria came to church and it was the only time we saw them this week because the safety situation is still happening and the mom is very catholic and so it has been hard.But we are hoping that it changes this week and we can teach them more!! The other people we tried to follow up with them but because of the elections here in Brasil, it was hard to teach and we had to go home early on sunday because it was getting dangerous! But other than that i am planning on using my priesthood more this week so that we can bless the lives of others. I want to do that and we have those investigators who could totally use it! I love the gospel and i love the priesthood!! I have been able to bless the area, and that was a great experience but I know that I need to honor my priesthood by giving blessings just like you do dad!! I love you and all of your examples and how you really are a Christ like person! I was studying today in Enos and in Jarom and how they both obeyed gods commandments even when it was super hard! I love their examples and i thought of how as we exercise our faith in Christ, we will bless our own lives and bless the lives of others! I am excited to go to the temple again with you dad and i miss it a lot, but i love this work even if it is hard. I also thought the toe thing that mom shared was interesting and very beautiful and i plan on doing what you said and what she said! I love how the lord works and he knows everything. Maybe this week we will find out if i have to do anytthing more to stop my toenail problem but I trust in the lord! I love you so much dad! I know this gospel is true and I am grateful for the plan of salvation and that all man kind may be saved!! Love Elder Bestenlehner

No comments:

Post a Comment