Monday, January 21, 2019

Jan 21, 2019






This last week was pretty good! It was rough at the same time but we definitely worked hard!! I loved the pictures you sent me! I am glad that Emma did so well on her farewell and I know she will be a great missionary! I am definitely going to email her every week. That is awesome about Asher and the sacrament and about Sophie balling it up in basketball hahaha.

This week was interesting because we were able to teach Michelle and Fernando twice and then they came to church on sunday!! We were so happy!! I love them both and it was their first time so it was super special. They liked it a lot and they could only stay for sacrament meeting but he said that next week they will stay the whole time. We are hoping that this week we can teach more about the gospel of Jesus Christ and challenge them both to be baptized but first we have to find out if they are married legally or not. Then during the week we found a woman that has some problems with drugs and cigarrettes but she is super cool! Her name is Elida and she loved our message. Sadly she didnt come to church but we are going to see why. She lives super far away ha. We also found a guy named Roney and he said that he would like to read the Book of Mormon too! So hopefully things will go well for us this next week! I went on divisions with Elder Jones this last week and it was like those good old times again haha it was super fun. This may be my last week with Elder Cerda so we are going to work hard and do our best!! But I just want you all to know that I know that the Book of Mormon is true!! I prayed about it much this week and everytime I felt a burning in my heart!! I can not deny this book and I know that this church is true because of that and you can all do the same!

Dave's email

one of the things I want to learn so much here on the mission and in my life, is following the promptings of the Holy Ghost. It is one of the best things we can do in our lives!! I have been trying to do everything i can to obey his voice and help others!! This week was definitely better than last week but I was glad that we could start over again and find people who really want the gospel of Jesus Christ and are willing to listen to his voice! D&C 29:7. But Michelle and Fernando are reading the book of mormon and they came to church this last sunday!! It was super awesome and we were so happy. Hopefully Fernando will read the book of mormon more though because Michelle was reading more than he was. But We found a lady named Elida and another man named Roney and they have a lot of potential! I am excited for this last week of the transfer and I know that the lord will provide miracles for us. It will be interesting. This week I prayed to know once again in my heart if the Book of Mormon is true and once again the spirit testified to my heart that it was. I felt the burning inside my chest and I could not deny it!! I love the gospel and i know that God listens to our prayers I am glad that everything went well in Idaho and I know that Emma will help so many people. I love you so much dad and have a great week!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment