Tuesday, May 21, 2019

May 20, 2019





Things are going good here in Jardim Canadá!!! This week was a little rough for us but we also had some good experiences through out the week!! That is super cool that Chris won the Daniel Gurr scholarship!! I remembered how I wanted to get that scholarship too! And I am sure that things are crazy back home. I cant believe that Chris graduates this week haha I am just shocked. I feel like I have been here in Brasil for a long time because of that but I love this place and I love the people here as well.

This week we were not able to follow up on with a lot of the people that we found last week. Maria José we were able to teach her on thursday and we challenged her to pray about if she should be baptized. Its hard for here to understand the things we teach and so I hope that the Lord will open her heart and her understanding. But she hasnt come to church yet so we might have to stop going there if she never comes to church. Laís was super busy this week and so she didnt have time to see us and the other people as well were never home. It was kind of frustrating for Elder Gardner and I and so we spent the whole week finding new people to teach and hopefully this week we will be able to follow up with the rest. We taught a family on wednesday and it was a mom and her two sons. Sadly the mom is one of those people that believes that she is a prophet ha but the two sons were very interested in our message. Only one of the sons lives with the mom and his name is Weberson. We will see on tuesday if he read a part of the Book of Mormon!! We were also able to visit a couple of less actives and we are planning on working with some of them!! So there is a lot of work to do here we just need to find the right time that all of them are at home!! Elder Barcelar and Elder J. Perez are having a lot of success with this one lady named Cida! She is going to be baptized next saturday, not this one but the next! So that is super cool!! I know that the lord will bless this area and bless us as well! He helped me see and recognize the importance of Humility and how we need to take our pride away. Those who are righteous will have true happiness. The zone conference this week was super good as well!! We learned a lot about 1 Nephi 17 and how the Lord wants us to build ships just like Nephi but in a different type of way. We can do hard things with the Lord on our side!

Thank you so much for putting our names in the temple and I know that the prayers of so many are having their effects. We are trying to seek the Lords will in everything we do.  I love the Lord and I know that through him we can be cleansed of our sins and we can strengthen our weaknesses. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and that God and his son Jesus Christ appeared to him and restored the true gospel through him. I can feel it burn in my bones and my testimony grows every day. I love you!! Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment