Monday, May 6, 2019

May 6, 2019








I am so grateful that I can work here and that I can help the members and the Branch President in everything they do here. This branch has so much potential to become a ward and I know that the Lord sent me here for a reason.  

This week I had an interview with President Castellano! It was such a spiritual experience and by the end of the week I could see the importance of what the Lord needs of all of us and how we need to be more open to his point of view. Which is the best point of view. President told me in the beginning that he knows that I may have been confused, mad, or upset about what happened with the first week of the transfer but he said that he trusts in me and knows that the Lord has a work for me to do. He said that he wanted so many times to send another missionary to come and work with me but the Lord wont let him. It was a conforting conversation and as he spoke to me about the trust and the work I need to do here in Jardim Canadá with Elder Barclear and Elder J. Perez I could only feel the power of the Holy Ghost testifying to me the truth of his words. It excited my heart and I knew for many reasons that I need to be here. And yesterday talking with the Branch President, because we work with him like the whole week, I was able to feel the love that Heavenly Father has for his family and for the sacrifices of this small Branch. We had a frequency of 56 this sunday and that was a great blessing. I know that the lord calles us all for specific things and that he has a purpose for me in this area and in this very moment. I love the Lord and I know he lives. I had problems with my toes again through out the whole week, it was the smaller ones. And every time i went to the center of BH to cut them I could feel the Saviors love for me and that helped me to endure the pain. My toes were not getting better and so finally I asked my companions for a blessing. Elder Barcelar blessed me with the ability to get better quickly and that I would be able to be a testimony of Gods power and waking up on sunday and today my toe has gotten a lot better. I know that through the savior our weaknesses and pains can be healed if we only have Faith and do our part. 

  There is a family that lives in another city that is close but far away for us that we are planning on helping out. The dad and the mom are members that are mostly active but inactive sometimes and they have two sons that are ten years old that arent baptized. And we are teaching another small family that has potential to come to church and join the church as well. I hope that they read the book of mormon and do everything they can to know if it is true

 I love the Lord and I love his gospel. I love this area that I am in too along with the members. Everything makes me feel joy here and it makes me appreciate the love that my Heavenly Father has for me. I know that the Lord will reveal to me even more why I am here and what I need to do for him. I really do love my mission even if it is super hard. But I know that if it wasnt hard than it wouldnt be able to teach me who I really need to be!  It is another testimony to me that God lives and loves us all! I love you so much!! And this lady in these pictures is 94 years old and originally from Portugal, her name is Mary and she is super funny and has a great accent ha and she goes to church every week!! She was baptized about twenty years ago!  

Love,
Elder Bestenlehner

PS (this email came two hours after the first one)  So good news but sad news as well haha, I will have a companion tomorrow! His name is Elder Gardner and President felt like it was necessary. So lets do this haha

No comments:

Post a Comment