Monday, October 2, 2017

October 2, 2017 100 days!!

Hey mom!! I dont think I want to stay dry hahah did you know that here in belo horizonte it hasnt rained for 135 days.... and friday it finally rained!! I will talk about that later haha. I am definitely feeling better and i know that the blessing that dad gave me helped me so much! And we are waiting for a while to have the baptims because we want to be able to confirm them the next day and we couldnt do that with conference this last weekend. But other than that things are going super great here!! I loved conference so much.. I will talk about that in a second ha but Wow was it powerful. And I love what you shared with me, Elder Eryings talk and Elder Andersons talk were some of my favorites for sure. Elder Anderson´s talk blew my mind. This week was really good though!! Full of fun times and good experiences. Lets talk about friday! Friday was amazing because of the rain haha. But since it had not rained in 135 days in Belo Horizonte, we were basically dying because of the heat. It is so hot every day, and so when it started to pour down, we couldnt help but dance with joy ha. You need to watch the video I will send because it is funny and truly what we did for about an hour. But other than that we had lots of splits this week too. I was with Elder Coutinho for most of the week besides saturday and sunday. I was helping the other elders with their area because they are having a difficult time. But Saturday was awesome, we had an activity for the youth in our ward, we wanted to provide a mini mtc for them. We were so excited to help all of them, but our joy was killed when only one showed up because of the rain. It turned out ok though because we helped him learn a lot more things and just had fun!! And then we watched conference which was absolutely amazing. Wow I really loved one talk where he spoke about using the glasses of the gospel. And how when we use our glasses of the gospel we see things in different ways and we are a lot more happier. I really loved that and I plan on using my glasses for the gospel for the rest of my life. And did you notice how most of the talks given were about service and the book of mormon. It was amazing and I absolutely love the book of mormon. I liked the question that was asked, "Where would your life be without the book of mormon." And I thought about it for a while and the correct answer that I came up with was lost. I am so grateful for the book of mormon in my life. Wow I love to read it every day and it helps me to have joy and strengthens me in times of weakness. I am so grateful that I have the book of mormon in my life and I am excited to help others see the significance too. Our investigators are doing great and Alfonso came to conference on sunday!! It was perfect because conference sunday was the best possible conference for an investigator, I was absolutely shocked. But what shocked me even more was that he told us he will be baptized and he wants a calling in the church. How amazing!!! We still need to help him with a couple of things beforehand but I am so excited for him. Jorgina didnt come to any of the sessions but I think it is because she is taking care of her sister, we dont know for sure. And how powerful was the talk that Elder Anderson gave. He confirmed the truthfulness of all the other talks in conference and added his own testimony to make it perfect. Wow I love the gospel. It was a great week to feel the spirit. When I saw the conference center I couldnt help but feel a little sad I wasnt with my family, but It made me even more happy when I got to talk to many people about the beauty of temple square. I definitely felt the spirit so strongly this weekend and I hope all of you did too!!! I love you all and hope you all have an amazing week. O evangelho de Jesus Cristo é verdadeiro e O Livro de Mormon é a palavra de Deus. Sei que essas coisas são verdadeiras com todo meu coração!!!Thank you for sharing everything you shared with me mom. Especially about the last part with the man who told me that. I already love all of the people here and I want to be here more than anything in the world. The only problem is that my portugues stops me from reaching full potential but I know that heavenly father will help me. Like Elder Erying said, "Buscai-me em cada pensamento, não duvideis, não temeis." Doubt not, fear not. I have so much faith and my portugues gets better every day. I am truly so Blessed and I am so grateful to have a great mom like you and an amazing family!! I am excited to discover more reasons of why I am here in brazil but I know i am here for a purpose. oh and I have a couple questions and concerns. How long do I need to use my retainers? and My credit card that you gave me doesnt work in atms haha so thats about it! If I need to tell you anything else I will. Love you!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment