Monday, October 16, 2017

A Painful end to a great week 10/16/17

So this week was really awesome and really painful haha. I will explain later. The language is coming really slow but I have faith and I understand a lot more so I am grateful for that. But First of all our Investigators are doing great, Alfonso is progressing and his baptism is this saturday. Maristella finally accepted to visit with us again because all she does is attend church, she has a fear of baptism. Jorgina is practically not wanting anything anymore. At one of our home evenings for elder coutinho she was there and I talked to her and tryed to regain her trust but when we tried to visit her the next day she would not accept us. But this week we worked really hard and found lots of new people and set some others with a date for baptism. We are hoping to have more baptisms soon but the next transfer is two weeks away and either I or Elder Dedeco will leave. 

This week we had a lot of family home evenings with members and it was so fun!! There was so much food and so much laughter. We had a home evening in the area of our sisters in our district and it was fun because the lady we visited was a boxer and so Elder Coutinho and I we boxed ha. The other Home evening we had was in the home of Rosalia and Alfonso was there too! It was so spiritual because Elder Coutinho bore his testimony since he is leaving for home this next transfer. And I made everyone laugh with something strange I did with my throat that sounds like a turkey. Alfonso was laughing so hard that he couldnt breathe. We also had a lot of opportunities to serve other people this week which was so awesome. We taught a lot of first lessons and we hope that the people we taught will read the Book of Mormon. Without the book of mormon, we cant teach very much. It was just a good week to work hard and help others. I also played soccer with some kids on friday because every friday night we share a message at the chapel for soccer. It was super fun!

 Lets talk about Saturday.... So this week I found out that I have two ingrown toenails and it turns out that the smaller one was infected and was bleeding a lot and was hurting so much!! So I called Sister Fernandes and she told me to go to a lady in the area of Elder Coutinho. So I went with Elder Coutinho yesterday to the lady because no one was there Saturday. And she works with these kinds of things and so she had to remove it herself. The one on the right or the smaller one was more infected and a lot harder to pull out, it was at the very bottom of the nail. So she started to work on it and wow.... It hurt so bad. She was working on it for over ten minutes and so I had ten minutes of pure pain. I was grasping the side of the chair so hard and I started to sweat too. Ha it was terrible. The bigger one wasnt that bad. But she taught me more how to cut my nails and keep them safe ha. It was crazy. But this week I learned a lot about Patience and how not everyone will accept our messages. Its so hard because you just want everyone to be baptized and see the beauty of the gospel but since in the lords plan, people have agency, and so we have to accept that and juse love and serve. Love you all and I am so grateful to be on the mission here in Brazil. Sei que o evangelho de Jesus Cristo é verdadeiro e que o Livro de Mormon é essencial! 

Oh and I need you to get on Facebook and change things about my profile and stuff like pictures the name and put some pictures on my profile because some of the members here want the photos! If you can that will be amazing! And if I need anything else I will let you know! 

Elder Bestenlehner



No comments:

Post a Comment