Monday, October 9, 2017

October 9, 2017


Hey Mom!! Sorry I sent you a new one but it was hard to respond because of the pictures haha I loved the pictures though!! Mainly because we dont have anything like the trees and mountains here in Belo Horizonte, just a lot of houses, buildings, and hot weather ha. I am glad to hear that your week went well and that is so cool that Hailey had her baby!! I forgot she was going to be having a baby soon. Camrons call will come for sure haha but I definitely would not have lasted. I love brother Danley so much and he is one of the reasons I am out here too, he has inspired me with his love and his example in all things. Braelyn is still super cute and I loved all of the pictures ha.

This week was definitely hard and really slow. Mainly because Elder Dedeco, my companion, is having trouubles with his back so it was really hard for us to really work hard this week. But I still had some amazing experiences. For example, I was able to give him two blessings of healing and I did it all in portugues and it was so amazing. I love the opportunity I have to give blessings and bless the lives of others through the priesthood. Wednesday was a super cool day because we had splits with our zone leaders. I was with Elder Bishop, he will end his mission in December but it was awesome to work with him, he is from washington dc. But it was cool because we ended up teaching a family of 7 people the restoration and you could just feel the spirit so strong!! I was able to quote the first vision and it was amazing how the restoration brings the spirit and testifies to all people. It was even more cool when I found out that three of those seven people live in our area. So we are going to teach them this week!! One sad thing this week was that Jorgina doesnt want anything more from us. Apparently she heard a rumour from a friend that the missionaries just want to eat and not teach. So she has stopped coming to church and other things like that. We want to keep teaching her and are not going to give up! Our other investigator who is really strong is Alfronso. He will be baptized this saturday we hope!! He is awesome and he has told us that he wants to work in the church and be apart of what we do. He is a professional singer. Wow the other day he sang andre bocelli for us and it was so amazing. I have a video that I will send another week ha. And after that we taught a lesson about the gospel of jesus christ and the spirit was so strong during that too. I was able to testify about the holy ghost and about the gift of tongues because he asked about it. He will definitely be baptized, he just needs to obey a couple of commandments first!! Other than that this week was just a lot of walking and helping others Imagem inline 2which is totally ok, I was able to talk to some of the presidents sons friends at soccer on friday night about my past life with soccer and other cool things too. Sunday was super amazing too. I was fasting for help with the language and for our investigators and wow does fasting help. I bore my testimony in almost perfect portugues and it was so amazing. And in front of president fernandes also because he lives in our area!! Some of the counselors and leaders joked with me afterwards and said that I dont need to talk in church again because I basically gave a talk for my testimony. It is true sometimes I dont see that my portugues is really good or not but I definitely recognize the gift of tongues in my life and the miracles that my heavenly father has provided for me. I love to see how the gospel changes lives, I have heard so many stories in our ward already. So many people love the missionaries and tell us their experiences and it warms my heart and gives me energy to serve our heavenly father. Love you all and I am so grateful for all of you!!

Thanks for sharing all of those things with me mom. It really helped me and I am super excited the day when I become fluent in portugues, I know that heavenly father with help me and that I will help his children through his blessings. Sou grato por este evangelho de Jesus Cristo, e a oportunidade eu tenho ser um missionário. Estou animado a servir meu salvador Jesus Cristo e ajudar outras pessoas em todas as lugares!! Eu te amo mãe!! LOVE YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment