Monday, December 11, 2017

December 11, 2017 Baptism and a transfer!

Hello! This week was super good! It really payed off because we worked super hard and we did everything we could. The rain is always good haha its an escape from the hot weather. My toes are still really bad and its going to get worse now that I AM BEING TRANSFERED. I will leave on tuesday for the hottest area in the mission, and the most crazy haha. I am being transfered for Pirapora. I am excited to go and serve there. I have to take a five hour bus ride but I am excited. So I have no idea what i will be doing for christmas yet so sorry ha. But My new companion will be elder figereido. And I am excited to serve with him because he only has one more transfer than i do. So it will be super good! I am being positive about it ha. I am almost done packing all my things.

This week was super cool. I had some great experiences. For one Maria de lourdes was baptized and confirmed! It was amazing to see how happy she was and that she took the most important step in her life. We worked really hard with her because she had lots of problems this week and so we had to run to her house so many times and her house is way far away from our apartment and basically everything in the city. But it definitely payed off. I am so grateful for my companion elder graça too because he taught me so many things. Sometimes we didnt get along very well but we always made up and worked super hard. We are actually really great friends. He told me his experience about life and the mission and it made me think about my past life. And how I had it so much easier than he did. One thing that is sad is that he cant even write his mom. His mom doesnt know how to read or write and so he only gets to speak to her 6 or 7 times a year. Maybe more but he told me thats why he doesnt spend much time with emailing. It made me realize how blessed I am and how I shouldnt be prideful or complain. I need to be more humble and he taught me a lot about humility. This week was super good to learn and to just work hard. Friday we had a division with the zone leaders and it was very helpful. We were able to work in their area while it was pouring rain... Seriously the rain here is like the rain off jumanji.... hahaha. But yesterday we were teaching Valter and he uses the computer to watch a youtube video and pray. And we sat there with him to support him and watch him while he prays. I thought to myself.... How grateful i am to have the gospel in my life. The book of mormon. and prayer. Prayer is not something that you recite every day or every night. It is a conversation with our heavenly father and he really wants to hear you talk and talk with you. Prayer is so so so important and it is important that we pray every day. I love Alma 37:36-37 because it talks about how important prayer is and how we need to counsel with the lord in everything we do! 

 I am grateful for the opportunity I have to be here. I am happy to hear that camron killed it and will do so great in the field. and Chris has always been a stud to me. He is awesome and he will do even better. I am sorry to hear about Zack Vernon and his mom. They are both in my prayers and him serving a mission will help so much. Afonso will be hard to leave especially because I may not see him again but i will keep in contact with him and always talk to him. If I need anything more I will let you know before I get off. Love you!! 

Elder Bestenlehner


No comments:

Post a Comment