Monday, July 9, 2018

July 9, 2018






Hey!! That is so crazy about the fires in Utah, that is super sad because Utah is known for beautiful landscapes and Nature!! I will miss that but i know that the lord has purposes for everything!! I am so grateful to have learned that I can put my faith in him and do everything that is possible to think about him! It isnt easy but it is totally worth it. And dont worry i gave ties to Elder França hahaha he has kept it as a remembrance as of right now!! This week was crazy and really hard for us because of the World Cup, it is sad that Brasil lost! Especially because they lost because of an own goal hahaha how terrible is that. But it was literally hard to teach that day and we had splits with the other elders here in Nacional. I was with Elder Lujan that day and President told everyone that it would be best if they stayed at home studying during the game! And so that is what we did!! This week was hard because we didnt have that much success, but i saw the lords hand in everything. Renan is really progressing and when he decides to be baptized, he will stay strong in the church. As of right now he is our only investigator progressing ha. We are searching and searching for more and i know that the lord will bless us eventually, in his own time! 

But we had some great lessons with Renan and it was awesome to see how he is learning more and more about the gospel of Jesus Christ! He said that he is at 90 percent right now. He almost has a surety that this is the gospel of Jesus Christ and he says that he knows that he will feel that in his heart. He has had a small problem with coffee but he has almost stopped completely and i know that the lord will bless him even more when he stops forever. We were able to watch some movies from the church and watch some videos on the mormon chanal with him and he loved them all! It has been amazing to teach him. This week i saw the importance of Faith in my life. Yesterday i was really struggling because only Renan came to church and after that i just started to get really worried. I was grateful that he came to church and I was happy during church of course, but afterwards is when the adversary started to tempt me with so many doubts and worries. And it didnt help that my big toe, (the one that had surgery and the nail is growing again) started to inflame and hurt a lot. I think it is starting to become an ingrown toenail again. I called Sister Castellano and i hope that i can get in to the foot doctor soon! But I had to stay home for about an hour because of the pain, it was before our lesson with Renan. I read a lot about faith and i read the talk that M russell Ballard gave this last conference. And when he quoted Joseph Smith, i was comforted once again. He said that when all the forces of the earth and all the bad things push you down and you fall into a hole and then the mountain fall upon you, that you should not get discouraged and that you should go forth with faith and with courage. Elder França gave me a blessing of health and it helped me a lot too! I felt Gods love once again and i know that we should never discourage but have faith! I love this gospel and even with all of the doubts that we have and all the worries in our lives, we should not worry, because Jesus Christ overcame it all. 

I love you all so much! Thank you for everything you do and for helping me on my mission. Sometimes i worry a lot about the numbers and about if God is grateful for my service, but with all of you and with my savior i can feel that he is grateful and that when i am doing my best, he will bless me. I think i worry about numbers because of how much i worked hard in school to get Straight A´s and when i dont acheive the highest numbers on the mission i get worried hahaha but i know that it isnt about that. It is about the people!! And the love that I show! Love you so much! Have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment