Tuesday, August 21, 2018

August 20, 2018 Welcome to Ipatinga :)










Opening a new area is super hard hahaha we have no idea where anything is and so it was a little rough this week. I am doing great! It has been hard in this new area because we are opening an area but it has been rewarding too!! It was cool to see how the Lord blessed us even though we were lost the entire time. Ipatinga is awesome and Bethania is a section of it! It is going to get hot now but this last week was a little cooler. 



We found some great people to teach who are willing to read the book of mormon. Their names are mathew, lucas, tiago, marlene, françis lanie, and juscelene! They all accepted our challenge to read the book of mormon and some accepted to be baptized when they get their answers. Sadly nobody came to church but we want to help them with that this week!!  It was cool to see how even though we dont know the area at all, the lord still blessed us with work to do! 



my companion is Elder Jones, his first name is Christian and he is from Farmington new mexico. He has 10 months on the mission,  he is awesome and it has been so fun with him. He is always happy and his portugues is getting better and better. I am helping him. He knows how to say everything he just needs help with pronunciation! But other than that he is doing good.We are living with two other elders in the same area and so it has been super fun. Elder Higginbotham, he is from Logan is training a new brazilian whose name is Elder Gomes. Elder Higginbothams first name is Jacob! It was awesome because we have only been talking in Portugues! But we are still getting used to the area and we are going to try and find lots of people. 



 I was very happy that Renan was baptized too and i am glad that he is in the church, and i know that in his own time Gian will be baptized in the true church of God!! I love the gospel so much. It was sad because we taught a lady and she told us that even if she knew that jesus christs church was here, she would not go because she likes her church... it was super sad but i know that people can decide for themselves. It is amazing to me how much people reject the truth, but do not know it... but i am happy that i have it in my life and i love the gospel!! My district is awesome and they are all super excited to work hard and bring others unto christ. The members are awesome and i was able to give a blessing to a mission ward leader on tuesday and it was such a cool experience. Oh and we taught a lesson in English this week to two guys who knew how to speak English! It was the craziest thing ever ha, Lucas and Mathew!!! Mathew is a brazilian who is trying to learn English and Lucas is a Brazilian who moved to the US when he was young and speaks fluently without an accent, and he is living here again in Brazil but wants to go back ha they both asked for book of mormons in english! It was super cool but i realized how bad we are at teaching in English hahahahaha. But it was cool to testify of my savior in two languages that are the best!! The spirit was able to help me on what i needed to say. I love the gospel and the priesthood and my companion and I always talk about the truth and this gospel Since we live with two other elders, we can really focus on being exactly obedient. It should be good and i am excited to do splits and help out my district. I know that this gospel is true and I love my savior Jesus Christ, he lives and this is his church. 



My shoes are getting really worn out and so i was thinking i should buy separate shoes for sunday, because i dont have any for sunday. I just have two pairs of shoes and they are the ones you sent me and the ones that have those openings in them and both are worn out! But it will be ok if i cant, just say the word! But I love you so much!! If i think of another thing to say i will send it but later i will send pictures! LOVE YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment