Monday, August 27, 2018

August 27, 2018






Hey everyone, how are you?

Our investigators are doing ok, actually this week we didnt have the chance to see any of them! They canceled appointments and it was very hard for us ha. Françis Lanie and Juscelene want to mark with us this week because they were busy through out the whole week last week. But this week we found two new people who are pretty good! Jessica and Braian!! They are awesome and they want to read the book of mormon and know more about the church. We are excited to teach them and we have an appointment with Jessica on saturday. But this week my testimony was strengthened about Family History work. Why you may ask? Becuase this week Elder Jones and I got to help out at a college fair this week and talk about Family History work for all of the college students that passed by. We bore our testimonies about families and how we love our families so much. There were a lot of people interested in learning more and we gave them pamphlets and it was such a cool experience. I thought a lot about you guys and about my family and how blessed I am to know that we can all live together forever! What a blessing and I hope the people of Brazil will open their hearts to learn about this amazing truth! Today I studied more about the Brother of Jared and how his faith was incredible. He would pray to the lord when his brother would ask him and the lord would answer his prayers and eventually he saw our savior Jesus Christ because of his Faith. And so we all need to increase our faith so that we can be able to call upon the lord so that he can answer us! I love the Book of Mormon and I know that it is true! It helps me to know more about who I am and what I am doing here! I love this gospel and if you do not know that it is true then seek and pray about it! 

I really loved what you said about Job, He is a great example of patience. His life was a very hard life and because he was faithful the lord blessed him in the end. I love that example and I try to think of examples like that with my ingrown toenails. I think a lot about Dad and how he is always strong with his sickness and I think about grandpa, and the father of King Lamoni. How he was ready to give everything he had to have eternal life. I love the examples I have in my life! 

I bought some shoes that are pretty good to use for sunday. Because my other shoes are worn out and it doesnt show that much respect to the lord so i only use them during the week. And i had to go to the foot doctor this week and maybe that was the 20 dollars because it was like 80 reais... My toes have braces now hahahaha well just two of them, they are to help the toenails to stop growing on the outsides, lets see if that helps! And Real Salt Lake is the best!! ha i miss watching their games so much It is very hard to buy every day shoes here that are comfortable and cheap, I havent been able to find any so far. So i dont know what to do. But I have faith ha! The ward here is actually pretty small and we dont have a chapel yet. There are a lot of less actives in this ward so we are working on that right now. There is about 70 active members I think. But i have gotten to know lots of members and i am sure it will be easier from here on. And i am planning on Rooming with Carter and Manny I think as of right now. But i will let you know for sure. Manny and I want to for sure!! And it would be cool to live close to mitch, i dont know if he would like that ha! Thanks for everything you do for me. What do you do to help with your headaches? I have had a giant one this week. LOVE YOU!! 
Elder Bestenlehner

No comments:

Post a Comment