Monday, December 31, 2018

December 18, 2018

I am doing well!! I am still recovering from the surgery and I had to stay out of everything again this week but I learned a lot of new things and I learned a lot more about Patience ha. I was able to take out the stitches with the doctor this week and he said that I can start to walk a little bit but I have to use sandals ha. So i had to buy some sandals. Tuesday we have our Christmas conference and I think i will get the christmas stuff then!! 

Our investigators were super busy this week and we havent been visiting Arthur and Vitoria that much because they havent been progressing, we are going to continue to help them out but for now we will only pass by once in a while. It is sad that we have to do that now but I know that one day their mom will see what is the truth and that she should have let them be baptized. Elder Cerda left a couple of times during the week with other elders to work and he found some new people to teach which was a huge blessing. But Sunday was the only day that we got to visit Samara Nilda Tatiane and kenia. None of them came to church and we were super sad about that so after lunch on Sunday, I did everything I could to walk to their house and see what was going on. They told us everything and how these two weeks were super busy and they also expressed a feeling they have had towards Baptism. They want to be baptized but they told us that they feel pressured to be baptized with the dates and feel as if every time they arent baptized on that specific date they feel like its because of them. So we are going to help them out more on recognizing the Holy Ghost and we challenged them to read the Book of Mormon every single day from now on and they accepted!! So we were super happy about that. Elder Cerda is going to stay with me for one more transfer now, thats going to be three together and he was super sad that he didnt get transferred. We have had our difficulties during the other transfers and we are doing fine right now but I think he wanted change hahaha. But now I know that I do not understand what the lord understands. I think the lord has a purpose to keep us together one more transfer and maybe it is to strengthen our relationship and do something even better. Lets see how everything turns out. Something awesome I learned this week "God can only be known unto man by revelation. Otherwise he must remain uknown to mankind" So for us to know God we need to seek him and the Holy Ghost!! So if you want a strong testimony of God and his son, seek them and learn to know if they exist!! 

But I know things will get better this transfer and I hope that Elder Cerda can open his heart so that we can work together as one! I love the lord and i love his gospel and thats why I want to see those amazing miracles in the lives of others through his Atonement. 

Those who have the most difficulties, develop the greatest souls!

David's email

 I am doing a little bit better now!! It is definitely hard to stay in bed all day doing nothing... I had to do that this whole week and it was super annoying ha. But I was able to study the gospel so much and I was able to study more about the Pioneers and their sacrifices!! I love them for what they did and how they were willing to give everything for the gospel of christ, just to be able to step foot in Zion. It was a cool experience that I had. I know how you feel too ha because that is basically what is happening here and I know that on your mission it was probably hard but you learned a lot from it. Elder Cerda is going to be with me for one more transfer so we were nervous about that because in past times we havent gotten along so well. But we get along in other parts too. I know that the lord has a purpose for eveything and I know he will bless us. I was able to take out my stitches with the doctor on thursday and now I can start walking with sandals but only a little bit. I hope that my toe will heal quickly and I know that the lord is going to give me strength. We visited samara and her family on sunday because they didnt come to church and we challenged them to read the book of mormon every day. They told us that they dont want to feel pressured by a baptismal date and they want to be baptized but they want to decide when, what can i do to help them?? But I love you so much dad and I am grateful that you are my father. Having you as my dad gives me the strength to continue and carry on in the hard times. Because in all of our difficulties is where we will develop our souls!! I love the gospel so much and I know that it is true and that the book of mormon is another testament of Christ our savior. I love him and I know he lives! Love you so much dad! Have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment