Monday, December 10, 2018

December 10, 2018 Surgery!










This week was very interesting and this surgery was definitely harder than the last one hahaha. But I will tell you about that in a second! I hope this last week of the transfer I will be able to work some more! I have to stay out of working for about a week so that is hard. So maybe on wednesday or thursday i can get back at it again! But I am glad that you had some great experiences this week and it makes me happy to hear about Chris and Mitch too!! But yes sadly i have definitely had to stay home but thats ok because I am learning more about Patience! 

So this surgery was definitely different hahaha. Because he took out the sides of my toenail and then he took out the part that makes it grow. So it will only grow in the middle now! But it was cool for me because i was awake the whole time and i honestly could have watched it If i wanted too haha but i decided not too and he just showed me the things that he did. IN the end he sowed up the two holes with stitches and from thursday and on I had to keep my foot in the air and rest all that I could. I still have to do that haha as i am typing this my foot is in the air. Friday was hard because we had our mission tour with Elder Parrella but i couldnt benefit from it as much as I wanted because I had to leave every fifteen minutes to go "empty my stomach." And that was because I had taken the strong medicine they gave me in the morning but I forgot to eat something with the medicine and you know how the rest goes ha. But something cool about that experience was that I finally got that blessing from President Castellano and he was by my side the whole time that I was under the weather.  The blessing was very beautiful and I could feel the Holy Ghost comforting me through out the whole time. I was able to strengthen my testimony this week a lot about how the Lord is with us when we really need him. And I want him to be with me all the time because its a comforting feeling. Especially when you are in pain he is there with you until the end. I am definitely still recovering from this surgery because I believe it was a lot more intense. But I know that the lord will bless me and help us out with our investigators. Sadly Arthur and vitorias mom has not let the be baptized still and we are still waiting to see if this week Samara and her sister will be baptized. We have worked so hard and I trust in the lord that he will help our investigators to use their agency in the right way! 

I got the first package you sent for christmas but i dont think it has their presents inside.... I havent opened it yet but from what i have seen through the ziploc bag it looks like it isnt the package with their presents too. But Thanks so much mom for everything you do for me! You are the best mom in the world and tell everyone who has prayed for me or fasted for me thank you so much!!

David's email

This week was definitely a trial of my faith!! This surgery that i had this week was definitely more painful than the last one! But I know that the lord was blessing me and i know that the blessings I received from you and others helped me so much!! But After the surgery on thursday I was feeling a lot of pain because the anestesia wore off and I was feeling the effects of what he did in no time ha. But on Friday I threw up a lot because I took the strong medicine without eating and so that definitely destroyed my stomach and that was during our mission tour with Elder Parrella. It made me sad that I could not watch all of it through because I had to leave so much to go to the bathroom, but I definitely felt the spirit as he taught us and when President Castellano gave me a blessing! But Other than that I had to stay home with my foot in the air and just rest the whole time. It was definitely a challenge But I know that the lord blessed me for my patience and I know somehow the lord will bless us for our work here in Barroca even if we havent had a baptism yet. I feel like in these last six months I will be able to work my hardest and say that I have fought the fight. That is super cool the experiences that you had this week with the temple and with the temple interviews! I hope to have those type of experiences when I get home so that I can keep the same spirit with me that i have right now. I was able to strengthen my testimony on the book of mormon and how he came to help us strengthen our testimony of Jesus Christ. I love my savior and I know he felt the same things that I felt. Transfers are coming soon and I think that Elder Cerda will be trasnferred and I hope that my next companion will work just as hard or even harder than Elder Cerda so that we can have success here and bless this ward in Barroca. Thanks for your prayers and Blessings Dad. I love you so much and I hope you have a wonderful week!! I sent mom the description of my surgery in portugues its called Cantoplastia with another type of procedure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment