Monday, October 15, 2018

October 15, 2018








But my first zone conference as a zone leader was so  awesome!! It was such a great conference and President shared some great things! He talked about how we can understand each other more and listen to others opinions! It was super cool and our trainings went well too!! We were able to help the missionaries learn how to use the area book and how to study the best way!! But I also loved how the spirit tells us what we need to say and when we need to say it! It was cool and Elder Cerda and I learned a lot about working together to help other missionaries! 

But this week was definitely a challenge for us... We had lots of hard moments and for three days straight all of our Appointments fell through. Because of safety reasons Arthur and Vitoria had to stay longer with their dad and so we havent been able to teach them. So we are sending the missionaries who work there to teach them when they can. It was a hard week and it definitely tested my faith. Many times I thought what i am doing wrong and how are others succeeding without working that hard when we are working as hard as we can and nothing is going right. It was sad to see how much the people rejected the gospel. We did have some good moments this week that made us feel a lot better! We taught a mom and her daughter and we are going to teach this week a family of four! we havent been able to find them at home yet but we are hoping that this week it goes ok! But I bore my testimony on how we can all use the gospel in our lives. When we show our faith in Jesus Christ and in his Atonement we can repent of everything we have done wrong and feel the joy that Alma felt as he repented of his sins. We can show our love for the savior by being baptized and being completely washed from our sins and receive the holy ghost. Who is willing to stay with us until the end so that we can have eternal life. I love the gospel so much and that is how we can serve God and do what is right. Our love for the savior and his gospel is what helps us to serve faithfully and stay strong in the gospel. It is our motivation to the gospel of Jesus Christ. But we have faith that this week we will find Gods elects and help other missionaries to do the same!! God really does care for each one of us, we just need to recognize that he cares for each one of us in different ways. 

But i am sure things with my health will get better and I have been trying to stay focused just like the savior wants me too! It is going good so far and I hope to help more of Gods children!! I love you  and thanks for always being there for me and helping me out. I know that the mission isnt easy at all and i wouldnt want it to be. Because i want to come back stronger than ever!

David's email-

 
 It was super sad for us when we couldn't teach and I just remembered how much the world and the people of the world can wound us by their actions, just like Elder Andersen said. But I have to remind myself that my wounds can be healed if i strive to be like Christ in all moments and find others who are willing to accept the gospel. I was able to bless our area yesterday and I felt comforted by the spirit that the work will go forward and that things will get better. We had a hard time with Arthur and Vitoria because they are still away because of safety reasons, but we know that the lord will bless them and we are sending missionaries that live there to go and teach them! But I know that the lord will provide miracles in our lives and President told me in my interview that the lord is preparing a great work for me to do! So that is why i must continue!! I love the gospel and I just wanted to say thank you to everyone. I love that all of you pray for me and help me in this mission. I love the mission because i can do the lords work. It is hard but your prayers strengthen me and give me the strength to go on. I love Jaden and Jace and tell them I said Hi too! And tell the others also that said Hi to me! I love them all and I know that Jaden will find a job, He is awesome and the Lord will bless him! Love you so much! I also Know this church was restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith, and I know that this is Christs Church here on the earth. I love the prophet and his apostles and I know that they have been called of God! I know that this gospel is perfect and to trade worldy things for this gospel would be the worst thing that anyone could ever do.

No comments:

Post a Comment