Monday, October 22, 2018

October 22, 2018





My email-

Wow was this week powerful for us!! It was super cool actually! Oh and Elder Cerdas first name is Carlos! But we definitely had a great week this week and I am happy to hear from you and the rest of the family. Ha i definitely want to see that Dog!! 

But this week was super cool because we worked super hard! On a division with Elder Johnson, he is from american fork, I was able to do a contact with a girl in the street who is about 25 years old but she was super awesome to talk too! We returned to their house on saturday night and we taught her and her two sisters and her mom! It was such a cool experience because earlier she had found a card that we give out in the street earlier that day and she liked the picture of Jesus in the americas and kept it. Then when we taught them and apresented the Book of Mormon, she started to laugh. I thought it was weird but then she explained to me what had happened. When we told them that they could have the Book of Mormon for themselves, she started to cry and all of them promised that they would read the book of mormon. And the very next day three out of the four came to church. The mom and the two daughters. The moms name is Nilda and the daughters that came to church are named Tatiane and Samara. They loved church and we are planning on visiting them this week once again. We loved testifying of the book of mormon and I am so grateful that we have the Book of Mormon in our day. Imagine if the church had not been restored yet!? We would never have the knowledge of the book of mormon in our lives and it would be hard to know gods plan for all of us. What a miracle. Speaking of miracles we taught Arthur and Vitoria this week and we literally gave a message about Miracles. The spirit was strong as my companion testified of the miracles in his life and as i testified of mine! And the mom accepted to talk about letting them be baptized with their father. We will see what she says this thursday and we know that the Holy Ghost will testify to her. Also they came to church and loved it ofcourse. So it was such a great week to be here and to just see the Lord working with us. Now i would like to challenge all of you to pray with faith that these people may accept the truth and be baptized so that they can enter Gods Kingdom!! I know that if you all do that, then the lord will provide miracles in their lives and in your lives as well!! I love this gospel so much and I love my savior. I pray every day that i may come to know him more. 

Dave's email-

Hey!! Every time i get your email, i become so happy because i can feel the spirit testify to me that what you are telling me is true and it is so amazing to receive that testimony as well!! I am doing well!! I am not having any problems with health as far as i know.. but i am having a hard time with my toes. But thats ok because it doesnt bother me to walk on them everyday! We were able to teach Arthur and Vitoria this week and we taught their mom too! She is going to decide if she will let them be baptized this week and I know for sure that the spirit is telling her to let them be baptized, but she just needs to open her heart. They came to church and it was such a good experience for them. Then we were able to teach a mom and her three daughters. I told mom about the experience but the spirit was strong during the lesson and Samara, one of the daughters, cried when we gave them two book of mormons! It was such a good experience and all of them went to church except for one of the daughters that didnt wake up. But their names are Samara, tatiane, kenya, and the mom Nilda. We were also able to teach a lady that has a kid with autism and she was so nice to us, she saved us from the rain. He name is Cassia and she is going to ask us questions this week about what she read in the book of mormon. We are working super hard to help others know what is right and we want to spread the truth and fulfill our purpose. We are striving to be obedient and we are striving to help other missionaries grow and learn! It was so cool because i went on divisions with Elder Johnson and elder that has about 5 months on the mission. When we got done that day he told me "Wow. Now i know how i should be working in my area, i am super tired haha" It was such a great experience to help him and his companion who is the district leader. This week we are going to a district meeting at my old area nacional well progress actually haha but it should be great!! I love the lord so much and I know that he will bless us! We also found two others who are named Rafael and Rayanne and so pray for them too!!  I love testifying of Christ and I know that this is the right path, the covenant path is the way to go! Love you so much!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment