Friday, January 19, 2018

December 25, 2017 Merry Christmas!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Hey mom! So since it is five hours difference I will probably be calling home around 12 between 12:30. Or around 1 if my companion goes first!! I didnt get any epson salt but sister fernandes gave me some things in the zone conference that will help me but it will take three months. I have been using it everyday and yet I have not seen any improvement ha but i have faith! I got both packages and I loved everything!! My companion was super excited too that he had stuff in there hahaha. It was super awesome to see elder Dedeco! I will see him every week until he leaves the mission because we are in the same district and he is my zone and district leader ha. Yah Afonso is super awesome. He is a super good singer. I miss him and i bet he is doing great back in Gutierrez. Elder Graça will take good care of him. 

This week was full of new things and fun experiences. Our new investigators are doing great but they have a hard time fulfilling commitments. Its sad because this gospel can change their lives! But we have two investigators that are a couple but they arent married yet. Emerson and Betania, they are planning on getting married and getting baptized in January. Their nine year old daughter was baptized a couple of weeks ago and so they want to get baptized too. We had lunch with them the other day and it was awesome because he made fish! It made me think of dad! Our other investigators that are ready for baptism are Jennifer Gabriela and her mom Alice. Alice we think has a fear of baptism but Jennifer wants to get baptized this Saturday, even if it were without her mom. We are working super hard to help them have a better relationship but they are super awesome and I know they can both be baptized if they show their faith! We are working hard to find other people to teach too. It is hard to find really good people in this area because our area is huge and is basically a desert. There is just dirt roads and jungles that are like the jungles in africa. The trees mainly. Every morning we wake up to find 6 or 7 dead cockroaches haha. so thats always fun. But other news is that it has been one week now and we still dont have water in our house. We have been one week without water and we are still going ha! But everything will be ok. I love the opportunity I have to serve here and I know I can make a difference even with the terribly hot weather and the painful toes. Its amazing to just talk to people each day, even if they make fun of you because you are american! But this work is absolutely amazing, and we will be able to teach others if we put our trust in god and he will do the rest! FELIZ NATAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment