Friday, January 19, 2018

January 8,2018

Hey family! My week was super good and also super hard haha. But I loved every second of it. I learned a lot of things and yes I have been in contact with Elder Whiting and he talked to Sister Fernandes about some things that I need to do to help my toe. I might have to use my card this week to buy a couple of things. So I just wanted to let you know right now. I am sorry that you have been sick this whole week. I hate being sick, but i hope you are doing better. That is so cool that Chris is killing it in wrestling, I knew that he would do so great! And i hope his appointment goes well too. I was sad to hear about President Monson too, he truly was a prophet of God and I know that he is happy right now with his wife. But I love everything he taught us and its so important that we follow the last thing he taught us. To study and ponder about the Book of mormon and Gain a testimony of the book of mormon. Afonsos real name is super cool haha Natanael is a cool name and I liked it when he shared it with us. 

This week was super busy and also hard for us... We have been working with our investigators a lot and they just arent improving. We have been praying and fasting for them to progress and we know that the lord will bless them. The marriage did not happen yet, Emerson is still working on getting all of the papers and getting everything ready. Its really complicated here in Brasil haha. But They are awesome and I know that Emerson and Betania will be so strong in the church. They really want to do what is right and I have faith that they will strive to keep the commandments! But this week we were able to teach a lot of our investigators and the lessons went super well. We taught Dalva about the Plan of Salvation and she loved that we told her that she can see her mom again in the future. She is a about 60 years old or older and she wants to do what is right. She has a bit of fear about Baptism but we are helping her and i believe that our Heavenly Father will help her too. One day we were with our investigators Jennifer and Alice, daughter and mom, and we werent getting any teaching done because she wanted to play games with us. We played games with them for a while and I was trying really hard to think of what we could teach. We decided to teach about keeping the sabath day holy and i shared Mosiah 18:23,25. It was super cool to bare testimony about the sabath day and how i was blessed with soccer because i decided to keep the sabath day holy. The spirit was strong and I know they can follow our counsels.

We also just had a week serving and finding people to talk too. Yesterday we talked with a woman waiting for the bus and we shared with her a message about the book of mormon, and we gave her the book of mormon and she just started to smile a lot and said "Wow i am truly happy that you gave me this book, and I am going to read it." She was so happy and it was cool to see how people really need the Book of Mormon! We marked an appointment with her for Thursday. We didnt have anyone show up in sacrament meeting yesterday, but I was still grateful for everything I learned in Church and for the ability I had to share my testimony. I know that we will have more people in sacrament next week. I know that this work is absolutely amazing and that the lord really has people for us to teach, love, and serve. Have a great week!!

Mom, I would wait a little bit to send the shoes because I am going to try and buy some here... Sister Fernandes said that it will take a long time and so i need to seach for some here and I will let you know if I find some by next week. She said it would be a lot faster and that I can use the money I have on the mission to buy these shoes, but just this one time, it is under special conditions! Oh and I need more colored lead things for my pen marker ha. And I discovered that my photos werent deleted. They were put into another file that I couldnt see and I cant take out haha, I was able to put my card into our dvd player and see all my photos. I think it created a new folder. Love you!! 

Elder Bestenlehner

No comments:

Post a Comment