Monday, January 29, 2018

January 29, 2018

 I love it here in Brasil!! I wouldn't trade this opportunity for anything!! But I always love to hear from you all and it helps me every week!!  I prayed about the sandals and I felt that I shouldn't buy them. So i didn't, I had to use some money to buy some food for us because our money from the mission hasn't arrived yet. But I won't need more money this week. We are a little bit without food until wednesday haha but we will survive! Other than that I am doing great. It is hot and it feels like i am losing hair haha. But it is normal! Thank you for everything you shared. I loved it so much! Especially that we need to remember who we are! I have found it easier to face trials on the mission because I tried to prepare. Sometimes it helps and sometimes the trials are still super hard. I have met many missionaries who did not prepare and still haven't recognized the difference. But I hope they do eventually! 

This week was absolutely tiring and super hard. But it payed off in the end! Dalva was baptized and confirmed!! It was so amazing. We passed by her house on wednesday and we asked her to be baptized this Saturday, and we told her that she is ready. She accepted and was definitely nervous about it the whole week but it was so cool. Especially because her experience is one of the coolest i have seen. Dalva met the missionaries 20 years ago and she was living with her boyfriend unmarried. She wanted to be baptized, but she never got married so she couldnt be baptized in that time. She even has a Book of mormon that is super old. One of the first ones that were made in Portugues. It was so cool to see it! And then 20 years later she met two missionaries in the street. And they began to teach her again everything that was taught. And elder Figueiredo and I were able to teach her a lot and step in place of the other missionaries. And she found the truth again, and was baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday. It was super cool to because I was able to perfom the ordinance! I got to help her be baptized and it was just so amazing to see the happiness that it brought her, even if she is a little bit older. She said that she felt more light afterwards ha!! That is the beauty of no more sins! But we are going to help her to stay firm in the church and to be a faithful member! It was a cool experience.

Our other Investigators are doing good. Emerson and Betania are still working on marriage but we are visiting with them and we have lunch with them on Saturday! But we are praying for them so they can get this process of marriage going, it is really hard here for them because Pirapora is in the middle of nowhere. But we are also trying to find new people to teach and to help know the truth! Other than that this week was awesome. Hahaha we had to fill the baptismal pool with only buckets of water. It was so crazy! But everything was worth it, because this gospel is whats worth it. The book of mormon is amazing and through our savior Jesus Christ, we can all return to live with them again!! How wonderful!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment